-=PCTechTalk=- Re: freelist

  • From: "DH (Rick) Holmes" <hayvan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 09:26:04 +1200

This came up before, when I was using Incredimail. The problem
only occurred when we moved to FreeLists.  The formatting marks
(if that's the right description) that Freelists adds to the
message it sends out are added when the posting is a *reply*. That
is, where the 'Reply To' button has been hit by the replyimg
person. There is no problem with *original* messages sent by
IncrediMail. Cutting and pasting also is effective but tiresome.
  I should also say that I always used PlainText. I guess the
problem is some incompatibilty between Incredimail and FreeLists
server.

I have, regrettably, stopped using Incredimail and now use Mozilla
for mail and browsing.  This is the best compromise I have come up
with that gives me the natural protection from OutlookExpress
vulnerabilities. My ISP scans for virii as well, but........

Rick