-=PCTechTalk=- Re: firewall - router

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:43:57 -0800

Hi Chris
I'm a firm believer in having all the protection I can get.
A router does not protect you from programs/malware/spyware/Trojans from
sending information out from your computer.

Mike ~ one of the Moderators
It is a good day if I learned something new.
Editor MikesWhatsNews http://www.mwn.ca/

******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 2/14/2005 at 7:53 PM Cris wrote:

My son and his friend made our Linksey's wireless router
into a wired and wireless system. (The one computer is still
wireless, but they wired the house).
They had me uninstall my firewall. They said that the
firewall in the router was better than any other firewall
and I didn't need one on my computer. I did re-activate my
windows firewall after that. Is this accurate information?
or should I put a firewall back on here?

thx!
cris