-=PCTechTalk=- Re: dell - tech support

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 11:40:13 -0500

My dell is a hair over 3 years old - one of their Dimensions - and other than
them replacing the power supply and floppy drive, it's the best system I've ever
owned - so I guess it is relative too, to what you've had prior to a dell - and
what they are currently offering also - doesn't mean that a new dell would be as
good as this older one! I guess you have to definitely buy their longer service
plan if you buy one today -
And, I'm curious, since my warrenty expired in october - if something breaks
now, I figured I was on my own - so since I figured I was on my own, I figured
it would be ok to remove the windows ME operating system from the original hard
drive that came with the computer - that I had to keep intact in order to keep
the warrenty intact.
CrisS