-=PCTechTalk=- Re: backing up

  • From: "Joyce" <jmcclure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 17:58:26 -0500

Thank you Terry and Robert.  Yes, you have helped a lot.
Would Belarc tell me if I have the hardware to burn to a DVD?  I just looked
at the Belarc Advisor that I had printed off.  It says I have under Drives:
"DM166D DVD-ROM (CD-ROM drive)"      Does this tell you whether or not I can
burn DVD's?
I have four CD-RW disks available to use.  I bought a pack of 5 a few years
ago when I had no idea what I would do with them.  I don't know what the
heck I did with the fifth one but so far I can't find it.  I guess it would
do no harm to see if the back up info. would fit on those 4 disks since they
are re-writable.
I don't know that I really need to do this back up since I have no really
important stuff on here but I would just like to have the knowledge of how
to do it.
Joyce
P.S.  If Belarc does not tell me what I need to know I will go to pcpitstop.
I used to go there for "checkups" but have not done so in a long time.