-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Win on Floppy

  • From: Robert Carneal <carnealr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:03:01 -0600

Keith-

Just a wild suggestion....  If you or your friend know someone with a web
site you can use temporarily, +AND+ your friend's computer had a modem,
would uploading the files to the web site (temporarily) and then you drive
to your friend and use his lap top to download them work? I did that once,
and it took a LONG time on her lap top's 36.6 modem, but we got the job
done. I don't remember how long it took, I do remember my friend's father
coming over to see why the phone was always busy. Of course, this is
dependent on this "someone" being nice enough to allow you to use his site
for this.
Robert