-=PCTechTalk=- IRQ's ?

  • From: "Rick" <union865@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 17:07:24 -0600

   Can anyone tell me how to get more IRQ's???? I have a problem when I try
to enable the USB ports in that the soundcard then stops working, evidently
because it takes the IRQ from the soundcard and uses it for the USB ports.
(Does that make any sense to ANYONE????) When I go into the Device Manager,
it says that it cannot find a free IRQ. I did click on the Hardware
Troubleshooter, and it had 4 other items that I could disable to free up an
IRQ, but when I do that, and reboot the system, (which I have to do after I
disable something), it just enables it again, and I have the problem all
over again. Except, when I disable the USB ports, and then everything works,
except the USB ports. So, now that I've come full circle again. I'm right
back where I started from, no USB ports, and a soundcard that works, but a
system that does not have any free IRQ's for USB ports. So, if I haven't
cornfused anyone else, and someone can still think, (this even gave me a
headache), then can anyone give me some help with this dilemma???? Thanks
for anyone's help with this.

Rick