-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Videos on CD

  • From: "Hal Cardona" <hcardona@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 14:49:50 -0500

Lee,

He can record them directly form his 8mm camera to VHS tape if he
chooses.  If he wishes to edit them using movie maker, he will need to
make sure that they are in a format and codec that Movie Maker can
recognize.  ?He should ask the people that won't to put them on CD for
him for a sample of their work so he try to import it into Movie Maker
first.

I have to say that I am fairly disappointed in Movie Makers
capabilities, you really can't do much more than rearrange or cut clips.
IMHO Apples iMovie has Movie Maker beat 10 times over.  I was using
Movie Maker, Premier (my fave) and iMovie this morning to create an
anniversary video for my wife.

Hal Cardona
PC Sleuth - http://www.pcsleuth.com
Author - ABComputers http://personal-computer-tutor.com/ABC.htm