-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Videos on CD

  • From: "andy" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 19:23:05 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lee Rhodes" <lenella@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> I'm just getting into putting video tapes...via VCR and camcorder on CD. I
> have a friend that has a bunch of 8mm family films that he would like to
put
> on VCR or CD. He was told that because it was 8mm that there would be some
> problem with speed matching. I have no idea.  But he did find a place I
> guess that can put them on CD for them but editing would cost three arms
and
> two legs. So he wanted to know if he got them put on CD as they are, can
he
> take them into Movie Maker or a program like that where he can edit them
> himself and put them on another CD?  I thought he should be able to, but
> figured I better check as I'm not that versed in it yet. So will  that
work?
> Lee Rhodes  lenella@xxxxxxxxxxx

Depends really on the format they are saved onto disc in, but yes, they
should be editable. If they are simply saved onto disc in mpeg formay, then
it's simply a case of copying them from the CD onto the hard drive and
editing in the editor of his choice (My own favourite is MyFlix3). If they
are saved as VCD's, then in all liklihood, they will need converting back
into mpeg files fist.

Either way,point him to www.vcdhelp.com -it's the 'Bible' site for anything
related to creating and editing any kind of imaging..

Cheers

Andy