-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Adding Wireless Access Point

  • From: Jim <n1jmm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 15:45:24 -0400

just remember that wireless will be slow for machine to machine communications
since in that configuration all data packets will pass through the wireless
access point and only 1 wireless device can talk at a time, so machine a qill
send soething to the
WAP, the WAP would then send it to the other machine and so on. This all
happens rather quickly but large files and multiple users will bog it down
quickly.

The more users u have the more likely there will be delays. I would recommend a
wired network.

Also note, it's been my experience that the mfg's distance specs are highly
optimistic and the thru-put drops quickly as the distance increases.

-Jim-