-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Two old problems

  • From: "Don101" <don101@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 00:25:28 -0400

You did not see the extra lines in the copy sent to your address or the list
address or both?

I noticed you did not trim the footer from my message.  The lines are not
between my footer and your footer, but after your footer instead.  This
suggests the blank lines are added after the message is sent from my
computer.

When my original message came back to me, the blank lines were added after
the footer.  And the blank lines exist in every message I get from the list.

Is it possible that when the footer was last edited a lot of carriage
returns got added?  If it is possible and that is what happened, then
apparently some email servers delete excess empty space from the bottom of
messages since not everyone in the group is getting them.

I intentionally left the all the footers and blank lines intact in case
their placement might be a clue.

Don