-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Strange message

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 13:57:27 -0400

Hi Glo,
    First of all, I am assuming that these are lottery emails you actively
signed up to receive by going to their website and asking for them to begin
delivering said posts to you on a regular schedule.  If, on the other hand,
you signed up for them by responding to an email (even if that then sent you
to their site), then I must begin by suspecting the posts as a type of scam,
regardless of how long you have been receiving them.  Overly cautious?
Perhaps, but I've seen too many instanes where really nice people were
flim-flammed by what had appeared to be a legitimate endevour.

    So, please forware one of these faulty email posts to me so I can take a
close look at the headers under my electron microscope.  If you still have
one, do the same for one that seems to work right and I'll compare the two.
As a bonus, I'll make myself feel better by verifying the validity of the
source of these lotteries.  I will also split any winnings with you.
lol

Peace,
Gman

"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask."