-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Recycler folder

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 11:11:14 -0500

No, much later.  But I did see a lot of folders that were not visible before
right after G changed the settings.  That would have been maybe a year ago.
The Recycler folder could have been there longer than just a few months and
I did not notice it.  Except the F (storage) drive doesn't have that much in
it so it "jumped out at me" when I took a look inside the F drive.   Also
forgot to mention that I had a hub that stopped working properly and the F
drive was plugged into that hub.  For a while the F Drive was not showing up
and that was when I discovered the hub was "dying".  I purchased a new
powered hub and plugged in the F drive so it is now always visible when I
look for things in My Computer.  Obviously I had been remiss in doing my
backups or I would have noticed this a long time ago.
Perhaps I should do a scan and be sure the box is checked to correct any
errors?
And, yes, the message does say something about possible problems on the F
drive when it insists on doing the scan at startup.
Ooops--and I just finished reading the rest of your message.  I will do what
you suggested in regards to the Command prompt.
Thank you again, EddieB!
Sandi