-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Recycler folder

  • From: EddieB <fasteddieb216@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 22:22:13 -0400

Hi Sandi,

You are better off leaving those system folders alone.  The "Recycler"
folder is your Recycle Bin.  The NPROTECT folder is "Norton Protected
Recycle Bin".  Do you have any Norton (or Symantec) programs installed?  If
you manually delete files from those folders (or the System Restore Point
files in "System Volume Information" folder), then features of those special
folders might not work correctly.  If you did not have the "Norton Protected
Recycle Bin", then emptying the Recycle Bin for each user would remove most
of the files and folders in the "Recycler" folder, but I'm not sure how
"Norton Protected Recycle Bin" affects that these days.  I stopped using
Norton products several years ago, so I don't know much about how they work
these days.

Ed