-=PCTechTalk=- Re: PC Remote Control

  • From: "don101" <don101@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 23:11:31 -0400

I have not tried Google Chat.  I'm not a real personal chat fan.  Besides,
everytime I have logged into gmail, the chat has always been having
technical difficulties and I should try again later.

That said, I can't imagine that 2 different implementations of the same
technology would be very much different from each other.  And that goes for
both Chat and Remote Access.

I *am* a tech support chat fan.  It is always FAR superior to voice calls.
The wait is almost never more than ten minutes.  And you can always check
email or play FreeCell while you wait.  Plus, even though the English and
the grammar might be a bit off, you can still understand it without having
to cut through a heavy Asian accent or having them repeat themselves
fourteen times.  On the phone, 3 seconds after you put the phone down to go
to the bathroom, the tech picks up.  In chat there is always a lag time
while a response is being typed so you have time for a quick relief without
having to call back and go through the menus and wait on hold again.

Don