-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Outlook Express Six

  • From: "Cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:53:01 -0400

Christy -
I'm not sure where to find the former discussion - so
The best way I have found, and it has been discussed here
before - this is probably what you're referrring to.
Open windows explorer to a folder that you want to save the
emails in. Name it what you'll recognize.It is best to break
up the e-mails into catagories. Saving it this way does not
show who the sender is until you open the email - so I would
make sub folders such as Jane - Betty - PCTECH - Important -
etc. I often put the date in so I know when I created the
folder.
Open outlook express and highlight ALL of the mail that you
want to move. (highlight the top email, hold the shift key
and highlight the bottom email).
Now, with both outlook express and your folder open, right
click and drag (hold the mouse key while you drag) the mail
from outlook express to your folder. Release the mouse key.
It doesn't matter if you choose copy or move. The e-mails
will move to the folder. They won't delete from outlook
express automatically. After they are moved, you can then
hit delete in outlook express.
Now - if you burn the emails or whatever, when you click on
one to open, they automatically open in outlook express.
Hope this helps - if you have any questions, just ask.
cris
ps - the mail rules in OE - I am in a ton of update notice
groups, and newsletters, and family, and friends - they get
their own folders, and their mail goes directly in to their
folder.