-=PCTechTalk=- Re: OE Filters

  • From: "Cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 21:45:20 -0500

I don't think that Outlook Express actually has spam
filters. It has message rules though. You can try setting up
a spam folder and setting a message rule to send mail that
has certain words in the subject's or message body to that
folder. You have to be careful when you start adding words
in the body of the e-mails. That tends to send non-spam to
the spam folder! It's difficult to use an address as a
message rule, as they change their addresses often. You can
try adding just the spam's domain to the address - such as
@indiatimes.com
to see if that worked. You'll have to play around with them
to see what works and what doesn't work. I used to try to do
that, but I was never happy with it.
Cris