-=PCTechTalk=- Re: OE Filters

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 14:46:17 -0800

Hi Cajun,
I'm not sure if this program only works on browsers;
Naomi 2.0.5 - family-safe internet
 http://radiant.altervista.org/indexen.html
 Current Version: 2.0.5
Size: 990 KB
Compatibility: Windows family: XP, 2000, NT, etc. (95/98 discouraged)
Configuration: for best performance: pentium 4, athlon xp, or better;=
 windows xp or 2000

Naomi is an advanced internet filtering program, easy to use and totally=
 FREE, intended for families and parents in particular.

Naomi is able to constantly monitor all internet connections, protecting=
 children from inappropriate online material - such as obscene or violent=
 contents; pornography and erotism in the form of images or texts; sites=
 that popularize drugs; gambling games; terrorism; hate propaganda;=
 occultism; sects; blasphemy, etc.

The filtering technology employed in Naomi 2.0 features:

Heuristic analysis capable of recognizing new sites automatically.
Semantic analysis of web pages contents and analysis of their addresses and=
 links.
Recognizes the major languages.
Recognizes ICRA labelling system.
Monitoring is not limited to web sites, but covers the whole local internet=
 traffic.
Works with any software application, and does not alter their settings.
Password-protected (the password is chosen during the installation).
Does not require configuration.
Can be used on slow connections (it does not perform any download in=
 background).
For detailed information please refer to the included user manual (if you=
 want to read it online click here; for the FAQ see: frequently asked=
 questions).

NEW! Thanks to Senpai, Naomi and its manual are now available in Spanish=
 language: click here to download it.

Note: you must uninstall any previous version of this software before=
 installing the current version; administration rights are required to=
 install the program.

Mike ~ one of the Moderators
It is a good day if I learned something new.
Editor MikesWhatsNews http://www.mwn.ca/

******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 3/9/2005 at 6:44 AM Cajun wrote:

Thanks to all who responded.  I understand about adding message rules in=
 =3D
OE,
I was just hoping there was an easier way to add a whole list of =3D
addresses
to the rules.  It's tedious to add one address at a time.

   )
 (