-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Migrating XP Pro to a new computer.

  • From: "Don" <don101@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:30:40 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bashful Bob" <Bashfulbob@xxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 11:37 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Migrating XP Pro to a new computer.

> hi
> I do not know for sure by Ghost might accomplish what you want.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Ghost creates a mirror image of the harddrive.
Using Ghost to migrate would move the old computer's software, settings,
configurations and system files to the new computer where it will not work.
My question involves making a clean (and legitimate) install on the new
system and totally obliterating XP from the old system.

Don
---

PLEASE, if you are able, help the Hurricane Charley, Frances, Ivan and
Jeanne relief efforts.  Your help can be to donate blood, cash, groceries,
clothing, shelter, volunteer time or just thoughts and prayers.  I promise
it will be sincerely appreciated by those that need the assistance.  Call
your favorite religious, volunteer or charitable agencies to learn how you
can help.   Thank you.