-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Migrating XP Pro to a new computer.

  • From: "Don" <don101@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:14:27 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "T. Hunt" <ilrover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 12:39 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Migrating XP Pro to a new computer.

> Don-
>
> There is no problem at all with this type of transfer if you have a
> Retail version of XP.  Simply wipe the old system and then install on
> the new system.  Activation should be painless and quick if you haven't
> had to activate a bunch of times before. (IOW, if you made a lot of
> hardware changes in the old system.)

<snip>

Thank you.  Making the switch will be my next project if/when I get the time
to do it!  Got lots of clean-up and fix-up after Hurricanes Frances and
Jeanne (nothing serious, just lots of simple stuff) to do first.

Don

PLEASE, if you are able, help the Hurricane Charley, Frances, Ivan and
Jeanne relief efforts.  Your help can be to donate blood, cash, groceries,
clothing, shelter, volunteer time or just thoughts and prayers.  I promise
it will be sincerely appreciated by those that need the assistance.  Call
your favorite religious, volunteer or charitable agencies to learn how you
can help.   Thank you.