-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Installed SP2/Windows Starts Slower Than Normal

  • From: "DH (Rick) Holmes" <hayvan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 19:26:55 +1200

I've used ZA from time to time over the last 12-15 years, and I can say
that I have never been that happy with it.  My protection stems from
several sources.

a) My ISP scans emails and stops a lot of spam to a level I can control
to an extent.

b)  I have AVG Free, which needs updates almost on a daily basis.  Some
regard this as a problem.  I don't, as it means I am as up to date as is
possible.  On broadband, downloading to update my virus scanning takes
less than 30 secs.

c) I run Spybot s&d as often as I think about it.

d) I run Adaware, also as often as I think about it.

I think I have WinXP firewall enabled.

I do not open any attachments, no matter who they are from, without
first saving them to my desktop then scanning with AVG.

In all the years I have been on the net, I have had three or four
infections.

Cheers.  Perhaps I'm lucky.

Rick H