-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Installed SP2/Windows Starts Slower Than Normal

  • From: "Tempting2Taanzaa" <tempting2taanzaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 20:34:46 -0800

I was speaking exclusively of boot time...as for the pc itself after everything
loads I haven't noticed any difference.  Someone from another list suggested
disabling the security center and I should be able to recoup my boot time...I'm
going to test that out and see what happens...

Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 10:27:48 +0530
From: mihir <mihirgk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Installed SP2/Windows Starts Slower Than Normal

This all talk about system getting slow is putting me off. I was
thinking seriously of upgrading to SP2, but I did rather not touch it if
its going to slow down my PC.

Is this a normal thing to happen or one off? My Son uses the PC to play
racing games like mid town madness, Need for speed etc and would hate if
the PC slows down. Any suggestions/advice anyone.

Regards,
Mihir