-=PCTechTalk=- Re: HP Photosmart 2610 All-in-One

  • From: ~OoO~ <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 08:40:06 -0400

 If after reinstalling the driver, the unit works fine, its probably not the
unit... its the software. That would mean something is either corrupting the
driver, or the driver is not compatible with the OS. If you're using Vista,
Iwould double-check the driver support for the OS. But, assuming you're
usingXP, its probably something corrupting the driver.
What you can also try is creating an additional XP user account, and seeing
if the printer works flawlessly in THAT account. If it screws up in your
mainaccount, but not the new account, it could just be two apps clashing
(onepossibly being what's running in the background).
&#160;====================================== = SirTroth
====================================== = ICQ: 1717439 = YAHOO: SirTroth =
SKYPE: SirTroth = XFIRE: SirTroth = AIM/AOL: SirTrothX =
http://ut2004.sirtroth.com[1] = MSN: SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxx (don't email me
here) ====================================== &#160;

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 10:04:24 -0700 (PDT), Robert Andrew Dulaney Jr. wrote:
>&#1Hello folks: >>&#160;My sis, Alice, has a HP Photosmart 2610 All-in-One.
&#160;it works >&#160;great except the fax part. &#160;The fax will work for
a while and then >&#160;just stop, when she re-installs the drivers it will
work again >&#160;just fine until it decides it no longer wants to.
>>&#160;She emailed tech support - their answer reinstall the software -
>&#160even though she told them that that is how she solves the problem
>&#160;and it is only a temporary fix. >>&#160;Any suggestions before she
pulls all her hair out? >>&#160;Bob
__ >&#160;______________ Get the Yahoo! toolbar and be alerted to new email
>&#160;wherever you're surfing.
>&#160;http://new.toolbar.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/mail/index.php[2]
>>&#160;-- >&#160;Please remember to trim your replies (including this
sentence and >&#160;everything below it) and adjust the subject line as
necessary. >>&#160;To unsubscribe or change your email settings:
>&#160;//www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk[3] >>&#160;To access our
>&#160;//www.freelists.org/archives/pctechtalk/[5] >>>&#160;__________
NOD32 2348 (20070623) Information __________ >>&#160;This message was
checkedby NOD32 antivirus system. >&#160;http://www.eset.com[6]