-=PCTechTalk=- Re: FINDING A PERSON WITH A EMAIL ADDRESS

  • From: "Bashful Bob" <Bashfulbob@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 22:03:08 -0500

Hi Pat
There have been several good and accurate suggestions.

You MUST gather evidence against this guy.These type of people are sick and
need help soon. They will only progress to more server stuff if not stopped
early. Please do not just try to stop the emails, go to the authorities and
demand immediate action.

Save all emails and do not delete them. They can be turned over to the
investigators.

If you choose you can download Ethereal and its manual
http://www.ethereal.com/ and its free. Ethereal is a packet sniffer and can
be set up to capture ONLY his packets. This can be used to gather a lot of
information about the sender, even if he is spoofing his IP address. If you
do this, save the packets captured for the investigators. Realize that
capturing packets will take a lot of space on your HD for saving them, but
in this case it may be well worth it. Add a folder and save the captured
packets there if you do this. Do not be surprised at some point the
authorities will want to have your HD as physical evidence.

You can take his IP Address and go to http://samspade.org/ and enter it into
the appropriate place, probably IP Whose. This will give you info also and
you might be able to locate his ISP. You probable can complain to they, and
if need be send them the emails and captured packet info, and they could do
something. But I suggest you let the experienced and proper authorities
handle it.

Hope this helps.
Life is what happens in between plans.

Virus free email by Norton's
This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and/or entity to
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
not the addressee, or authorized to receive this on behalf of the addressee,
you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute
to anyone this message or any part thereof. If you have received this in
error, please immediately advise the sender by e-mail and delete this inform
ation. Thank you