-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Exporting OE Messages

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 16:46:54 -0400

Hi Masochist (a fitting title for anyone using a computer these days),
    There are a couple of approaches you can take, but there may even be an
easier way depending on what you're looking to accomplish.  Fill me in on
your needs here and I'll come back with more info if applicable.

    Working within OE is very similar to working within Explorer or My
Computer.  To that end, here are my most frequently used tricks for
selecting multiple messages.

1.    To select ALL of the messages in any one OE folder, click on a single
message within it and then press CRTL+A (hold down the CTRL key while you
tap the A key once).

2.    To select more than one consecutive messages (messages that are right
next to each other), select the first one, hold down the SHIFT key and click
on the last one.  All of the messages in between will also become selected.

3.    To select more than one message when they're not right next to each
other, selct one of them, hold down the CTRL key and then individually
select the others you want.

4.    To select most of the messages in a folder, use the first method to
select ALL of them and then hold down the CTRL key and click on the ones you
DON'T want.  The ones you click on while holding down CTRL will be
DE-selected.

5.    You can use method 2 to select a bunch of the ones that are together
and then use method 3 to add more that are separated from that group.
However, you cannot go back to method 2 without it misinterpreting your
intentions and forcing you to start over again.

Peace,
Gman
http://www.bornagainamerican.org