-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Booting

  • From: ~OoO~ <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 14:51:20 -0400

Rick, its not you or the computer or the drive. For some reason, this happens
sometimes, and I can't figure out why. I was always able to boot from my CD.
Then, when I needed to do it to reinstall Windows, it no longer worked. I made
sure it was listed as such in the BIOS, but still wouln't work. I think I even
posted to the group for help. But, no success. I eventually just used the
annoying 6-disc set for WinXP. AFTER I finally installed XP again, THEN
suddenly it was working again, and booting from CD again.
Go figure.

.::] Sir Troth [::..
Have a few minutes?
Check out my son in a
dalmation costume, and
then vote for him.
All FREE. And all appreciated!
http://tinyurl.com/s2sf

::: Original Message by DH (Rick) Holmes
::: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 14:11:01 +1300