-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Application Octet stream

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 23:31:05 -0500

Sir Roger,
    It may still be the email program of choice for the list.  It's just not
mine.  At least not yet.

    Having spent years working with and helping others get the most out of
OE, I have yet to find enough reason to abandon it for what may or may not
be greener pastures elsewhere.  Vista does mark the beginning of the end of
that era, however, since MS has now abandoned OE in favor of Windows Mail.
When the time comes that I can no longer use WinXP, I will very likely try
out numerous email apps in the hopes of finding one that satisfies my every
email whim.  Thunderbird will certainly be among those that I put to the
test and it may even come out on top.  However, I won't know until that time
does finally come around.  In the meantime, I'm merrily churning away with
my old trusty OE and hoping I can put off the absolute need to switch for
several years.       :)

Happy Holidays,
Gman