-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Application Octet stream

  • From: RMB White <roguer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 10:15:42 +1300

Steve!

Very many thanks; I had actually found that page by Googling, but
unfortunately it does not tell you HOW to open an
"application/octet-stream".

I am receiving a number of emails

a)with a series of pictures (some still, some moving) embedded in the
message, which I cannot copy or forward

b) or with an "application/octet-stream  from: mailbox:// "  attachment
(which I presume are also pictures)

I imagine I am not the only lister who gets this sort of thing, so HOW
do I deal with these PLEASE??

All suggestions will be gratefully received

Roger W