[pchelpers] worm

  • From: "Bob & Ellen Mickelson" <letitsno@xxxxxx>
  • To: "pchelpers" <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:00:47 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

Bob,=0D
=0D
I am running 98SE  and there is no more information in Spybot then what I=
've
shown.  OpaServ. worm   SCRSVR.EXE=0D
=0D
Sysbckup folder: If a scan detects W32.Opaserv.Worm in the
C:\Windows\Sysbckup\<File name>.cab folder (in which <File name> is
formatted as Rb### or Prb###): =0D
1. When the scan detects the file, write the file name.=0D
2. Restart the computer in Safe mode.Using Windows Explorer, locate the
C:\Windows\Sysbckup folder, select the detected file, and delete it.=0D
Norton-Protected Recycle Bin. Empty the Norton-Protected Recycle Bin.=0D
=0D
These are the instructions. So...how do I restart in SAFE MODE?=0D
=0D
Ellen Mickelson

-- Type: image/gif
-- File: IMSTP.gif