[pchelpers] Re: worm

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:24:01 +1200

I have a tool to get rid of it. If this is the one I'm thinking of, it
propogates itself rapidly across networks. Removal tools for lots of
these types are available here:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/tools.list.html
Note: In the case of one that propogates rapidly, it is important to
isolate each machine in a network, disconnect from the internet and run
the tool on each one until all copies are removed. If one is missed, it
will be back soon after you bring the system up again. It's an idea to
put the tool on a floppy for this purpose to carry from machine to machine.