[pchelpers] copy favorites folder

  • From: "PcCowboy" <saddle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pchelper" <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 18:35:52 -0500

I thought some might find this useful
How Can I Copy My Internet Explorer Favorites to Another Computer?

Question: I copied my Favorites folder from my desktop to my laptop, hoping
that it would then be in Internet Explorer 6.0 (IE6) on my laptop. However, it
is not. I found the folder in my Windows directory but it does not come up when
I click on favorites in IE6. How can I get that list of favorites into IE6 on
my laptop? I am using WinXP Home. - Paul S

Answer: We've got some good news for you, Paul! You've been doing things the
hard way. Internet Explorer 6.0 makes it easy to copy your Favorites from one
machine to another. Open Internet Explorer on the desktop machine, click the
File menu and click the Export/Import command. That will bring up a Wizard that
will walk you through the process of exporting your Favorites to a file.
Transfer that file to the other computer (across a network if you have one, or
on a floppy, removable disk or CD-R), open Internet Explorer, click the File
menu and click Export/Import. Run through the Wizard and import the Favorites
to the other computer.

Pc