[pchelpers] word to the wise

  • From: " Billyus Eximius" <billy.e@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:20:05 +0100

Well Ekhart, I don't know where this downloader came from, certainly not
"porn sites".  I first noticed it after installing "webshots" a picture
sharing program that my brother in law uses for sending holiday snaps to
family, but I do have my doubts about that too.  Recently there have been
sites I wanted to find and have been redirected to some other site, that
appeared to have nothing to do with the subject I was looking for???
However, do I understand that if I'd closed down the AVG control centre, the
program you told me to use would have not told me to run AVG and then
deleted the trojan if I right clicked on the file it found?

Billy................PS, I did tell it to scan all drives.

> DiamondCS Tech Support kirjoitti:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When something is detected by TDS-3, you can simply right-click and
> > choose "delete"
> >
> > Our program does not refer you to anyone else, and if you have problems
> > removing a trojan you can email support for some help
> >

> > Best regards,
> > DiamondCS Support

---