[pchelpers] Re: where is it?

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: PcCowboy <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 16:47:21 -0500

Hi PcCowboy,

Wednesday, July 2, 2003, 10:19:58 AM, you wrote:

P> I started OLExpress today and got a virus warning.
P> I ran a full scan and found the JS/Fortright virus
P> in this file.
P> c:\Documents and Settings\DALLAS\local Setting\Temporary Internet Files\
CONTENT.IE5\C1QRG517\m[1].htm
P> I deleted all the mail and on the scan still found the virus
P> in that folder

LOCAL SETTINGS and CONTENT.IE5 are normally hidden. Either you have
Windows Explorer set to not show hidden files (Tools -> Folder Options
-> View -> "Show Hidden Files and Folders", and maybe also "Display
the contents of System Folders" and "Hide protected operating system
files"), and/or you need to set the advanced options of Search to
search hidden and system files.  If you simply want to go to that
folder, just type in the entire path.  Typing is often faster than
waiting for Windows to display the contents of each folder, and then
finding the right item.

--Scott.