[pchelpers] Re: off topic: WTC

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ekhart GEORGI (last name last)" <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 11:12:52 -0500

Hi Ekhart,

Saturday, June 5, 2004, 2:24:48 AM, you wrote:

EGlnl> But they wouldn't have survived a frontal hit even by a contemporary
EGlnl> airplane, and it also says the following which was true right from the
EGlnl> start:

I've heard that a much safer design has been invented that cannot melt
down, but I've not heard of any plants being planned with the design,
and certainly not in the US.

I suspect that far more people die from coal (black lung disease,
etc.) than ever die from uranium/whatever.

EGlnl> That's what i meant with it being incredible that the "experts" didn't
EGlnl> "remember" that planes have fuel tanks and behave differently than water
EGlnl> tanks.

I doubt that your house would survive a 767 even landing upon it, much
less blowing up on it... everyone makes trade-offs and everyone also
makes mistakes.  The article implied that no-one in the entire
industry thought of the flaw that led to the collapse.

--Scott.