[pchelpers] Re: hidden files / sob story, suggestions welcome

  • From: Cyril H Halbach <cyrilh@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:24:02 -0500

        There are programs that do a search and determine if you have any
dead (or unattached) files lying around such as junk left over when you
uninstall something. Both Clean Sweep and McAffee(QuickClean) have these
in their uninstall program. However there are some FreeBees on ZDNET so
you might want to look around and see what you can get. They usually are
small and should not take up a lot of disk space to install. Most of them
will dig up a list of the files for you and give you an option on which
ones you want to delete.
[PackRats on the other hand are forced to buy 80 gig drives :)) ]

        Cy