[pchelpers] drop cap? not sure, need help

  • From: "G.R. Hanson" <grhanson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PC-HELPERS Business & Service Contacts" <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 13:48:10 -0600

Hello everyone:

If there is someone on the list that can help me with this, I can send you an
attachment to your personal email address so you can see an example.

I get in email a file every week.  The document is in 2 column format, no
problem, I can do that.

The whole document is paragraph after paragraph of text in Microsoft Word.

Here is what I am wanting to recreate, the format of the document.

For each paragraph, the fonts are all the same size, but the first letter of
the paragraph is one letter over to the left from the rest of the paragraph.
Thus each paragraph stands out in a unique way.
<like I said, I can send a sample if I'm not wording this so you can understand
what I'm talking about>.

Someone suggested to me once that this could be a 'drop cap', but if it is, I
don't know how to do it to the whole  document like this and where it's all the
same size font.

I'm using Word 2000, and would like step by step instructions.  Let me repeat
that last part:
step by step instructions.  <grin>  : )

I've tried writing the person that sends me the file <actually I get it from
more than one person and I've written all of them!> but they get the file from
someone else  (???), and so far, the person that creates the file either hasn't
gotten my request for help, or has decided not to reply.  <who knows>  So, if
anyone can figure out what I'm talking about and can help me, I'd sure
apprecitate it.  I work in Word daily and would like to incorporate this
formatting in my documents in the future.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

G.R. Hanson
Arkansas USA