[pchelpers] Re: WT-CD to WP Tble

  • From: "pchelp" <pchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 06:32:15 -0600

----- Original Message -----

> At 07:49 AM 16/02/02 -0500, you wrote:
> > I get an Error  saying  the  share.exe  file is missing   but I can't
find
> >it on the windows sytem disks

One good way to tell you are using an out of date program :-)  Share was
done away with in Win95 as it is incorporated into windows.  BUT certain
programs written before say they need it so they won't run with out seeing
it in the startup files (I forget if it was the autoexec.bat or config.sys.)
On some programs I was able to just put the reference there and the program
loaded even though there was no exe file loaded.  Other programs actually
needed to see the share.exe file in windows before loading.  On one program
I made a file, called it share.exe, put it in windows and the program
loaded.

Have fun!

Robert McLellan