[pchelpers] Re: Trojans again

  • From: "Ekhart GEORGI (last name last)" <ekhart.georgi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 18:40:45 +0300

Hi Eric

Have you tried running TDS? It did score higher than "a squared" in the
comparison tests i saw. Looks like you still have about 10 days left in
your trial period. Remember to first update it manually. Let me know if
you need help doing that or running the program to remove the trojans
*permanently*.

You can also write to their helpdesk directly at tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Please let us know what they answer. Many times companies do not provide
help during the trial period, but TDS did answer when i wrote to them
about your problems. It would also make sense to try if "a squared" has
as good and smart a customer help policy. A good company helps customers
with the free version too because they know that a satisfied customer is
worth even more than the price of the product and will often buy the
product and will also recommend it to others.

Could this be a new infection? Are you using Internet Explorer? If so,
have you followed the directions for making it as safe as possible? Have
you considered using Firefox instead? Do you have a firewall? I agree
with Cyril's praise of Sygate. It has none of the problems common with
ZoneAlarm and is at least as reliable, apparently even more so.

Once you get rid of the trojans, try this scan:
http://scan.sygate.com

Ekhart