[pchelpers] Trojans again

  • From: Eric Furman <dabaric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 00:18:19 +1200

Hi Guys and Gals

I am at my wits end again.

The Trojans are back.

I have used Avast in boot-up mode, HijackThis, A(squared) &
TrojanRemover.

All seems well for a while and then Avast reports a stack
of Trojans one after the other in this location -
C:\Documents and Settings\Eric\LocalSettings\Temp\wfyusyl.dll.

Its the .dll files that are infected.

Of course I can't delete them from the temp folder while in
Windows because I get the message fault that "the file is
being used by another program".

I have an old dos-based "Norton Commander" that is very
useful at times like this since it has twin panes (as in Explorer)
where you can see what are in the folders. So I deleted all
the files and yet when I reboot somehow these Trojans are
being generated - with different suffixes - elsewhere in the
system and I get Avast warning me that I have a Trojan - you
guessed it - in the same location as last. If I don't do anything
about it, more of them are generated, sometimes in the Win/system
folder.

HELP!

Eric

Eric Furman