[pchelpers] Trogan Virus

  • From: "Cyril Halbach" <kr3y@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 22:18:11 -0400

    I know this appeared on this reflector some time ago but I was not
interested since I did not have the problem.
    Now, my daughter's computer running Windows XP and Norton Anti Virus
that has never been updated had 33 of these types of Virus. I installed AVG
and it apparently removed or "healed" all but 11 of them.  Could someone
repeat the advice on how to deal with the rest of these pesky beasties?  AVG
seems to identify them but either it does not really "heal"  them or they
keep on replicating themselves.
    Appreciate any helpful suggestions..

     Thanks, Cy