[pchelpers] Re: Replace memory??

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 17:29:02 -0700

Mike:

Your system & application event logs under control panel >
administrative options might prove helpful in terms of any errors u
might be getting. They're a valuable diagnostic tool.

Also, in cases like this, where the machine is aging, I've seen bad
bios batteries cause some weird behaviors, including desktop redraws,
etc.

I've also seen malware cause it.

1 thing u might do (& it's boring, I know), is to watch the screen as
it's booting for errors. Hit your pause key to read any errors which
might occur so they don't scroll off the screen--hit enter when you're
done.

--
Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride