[pchelpers] Replace memory??

  • From: "Mike Miller" <mikemilner60@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "John Durham" <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 16:59:40 -0400

Folks:
I have a 6 year old Dell 2350, it runs Windows XP SP2. A few years ago, I
replaced a bad memory stick in on advice of a computer Guy.
I had an excel spreadsheet that suddenly got scrambled while I was working on
it. The new Memory cured the problem.
Now, occasionaly on shut down I get a brief msg on the screen that says "it
cannot write to memory xxsx93938, or some such number.  Also, for no apparent
reason at times, the desk top repaints itself, goes blank then  all the icons
seem to be like when it boots up before it is done, then it is normal for a
while.

i have cleaned out all the dust, made sure the fan is not blocked and running
ok. Nothing else seems to be wrong, with the exception of s slow boot up to my
settings(probably due to a lot going on and it is old.).

I have not been able to connect this occurence with what I am doing at the
time.  Any ideas, or is it just old and wants to die?

Tx
 Mike M