[pchelpers] Re: pchelpers Digest V10 #257

  • From: "Mike Miller" <mikemilner60@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 00:18:52 -0400

mikemilner60@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

---------------------------
> From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [pchelpers] Re: Replace memory??
> 10) When you are satisfied the alcohol has evaporated, try powering up
> and run whatever memory checks you can.
> 11) If the same problem still exists, then the module may be faulty.
> --
> Regards, John Durham
> Fax/Phone 64 4 5286786
> PC-HELPERS list subscribe/unsub at http://modecideas.com/discuss.htm?sig
> Good advice is like good paint- it only works if applied.

John
Can you suggest any memory checks that I can do?  I do not have any software
that does that, or is it in Windows and I just do not know about it.

I can do what you suggested since I had replaced memory before and am
williing to go  into the guts. ( I spent 25 years in electonics doing
repairs, although most of that was prior and at the beginning of LSI large
scale integrations.

Thansk

Mike M