[pchelpers] Outlook Express folders

  • From: Eric Furman <dabaric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 19:31:37 +1200

Hi
Me again.

Since you Guys and Gals were so clever in helping me get rid of EnjoySearch
- here's another problem, this time not my own machine.

I was asked to clean install WinXP Prof (NTFS system) on a new machine. Old
machine had only a 850 MB HDD that seemed to have died.

This old drive was invisible to the new NTFS system. But I managed to copy
all his data and identities to my my work computer HDD - FAT32 system -
using two removable HDD racks.

All went fine with installing WINXP & Office and transferring his data to
the new HDD. Had no problem with the Address book regeneration. However the
importing of his OE message folders did not go well. The folders would not
transfer. I copied the identities to the new identities in WINXP to
"C:\Documents and Settings\Henry\Local Settings\Application
Data\Identities\{CD0EC70E-2AE9-42B5-958A-DC9BB6F9BD14}\Microsoft\Outlook
Express" and tried to point the import function to this address - but no
go. I can verify the .dbx files were the correct ones from the folder names
& dates in details view.

I even downloaded & installed Incredimail in the hope that its import
function would perform better that OE. Any of you bright people know how to
get his messages into the folders "box" of OE?

Eric