[pchelpers] Re: OE adds unwanted attachment, plus pointer freeze

  • From: "Louis M Hall" <lhall1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:32:06 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "PcCowboy" <saddle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2004 11:25 PM
Subject: [pchelpers] Re: OE adding unwanted background attachment

My question concerned that my text messages were being sent as text
messages in the body of my emails, but in addition the text messsage was
being sent within an attachment to that email.

P.C. response below led me to do some lookups within the help part of OE
where I found that "when you use HTML formatting and the recipients email
does not read HTML, the message appears in plain text with an HTML file
attached"

Within OE, I went to tools, options, send mail and changed the sending format
to text, not HTML.  A test with an email to myself came without the attachment.

Thanks PC and John Durham

Now, I have to fix my freezing pointer that is driving me nuts.  I have cleaned
the mouse
several times. Next, I will substitute another mouse.  If this doesn't isolate
my problem,
all I can think of to do is to reload OE6.

Does this make sense?

[PC's response]