[pchelpers] Re: Main Win 7 Hard drive 3 partitions needed?

  • From: Cyril Halbach <cyril.kr3y@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 16:50:25 -0400

Thanks Trudy  and Jackie,

    My primary Win 7 drive is Win 7 Professional on an SSD Drive. It
appears that The windows install created three system partitions on
that drive. I do have a backup Win 7 Home Premium system with my
current programs etc. Which I will keep active as long as is needed to
transfer my main programs to the new system.

I did not think that the two extra partitions on the  0 drive were
necessary. It does look like one of them may be the HP Recovery
partition. The other one seems to be related to Win 7 Boot so since
they are very small, one being just 106 M Bytes and the other 12.7 G
Bytes I will probably just let them alone and keep them in the Weekly
Backup.

that the install generated were necessary but it seems that Windows 7
generates the extra two partitions during the install.

There was a fair amount of information on the WEB regarding the one
extra partition but some of it was rather contradictory so I do not
totally trust it.

Thanks, Cy