[pchelpers] Re: Main Win 7 Hard drive 3 partitions needed?

  • From: Trudy Alatorre <trudy2123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 21:09:44 -0700 (PDT)

Cy, what I did in the past - I put a different operating system on it - just in
case something happens I can still access my things.
My brother in Germany who works on computers longer than I do (and he taught me
a lot in that area) he used the smaller partition to put his main operating
system on it. So - when he has to go back to factory settings for some reason -
he does not lose all his other stuff that is on the larger partition. Since I
was told that most virus thingys go for the files of the operating system this
makes sense to me.
Jackie - what do you think about that?
Trudy