[pchelpers] Re: MEMORY ISSUE

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 08:21:38 +1200

This is because you are deleting stuff from your hard drive. While that
can bring benefits, it is not the cause of this problem. To help you
appreciate the issue, please note:
1) Hard drive is where programes and data are STORED
2) Memory is where programs are EXECUTED and data is PROCESSED.
So, removing stuff from the hard drive improves your storage, but has
virtually no effect on execution or processing (unless you count a
little speed up of the drive access). The core problem here is likely to
be the number of programs trying to run at the same time. You could have
a task bar crowded with icons. If so, turn some off. Only use them when
you need them. Use a utility like Startup Control to manage what starts
when the PC powers up.

You could also have some intrusion by spyware. Have you run a utility
like Adaware to find out if any active cookies or other bots are on your
system. I found 26 on a customer's computer only yesterday.

--
Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>
ICQ number 112663246