[pchelpers] Re: Funny effect with new printer

  • From: Scott McNay <wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: John Durham <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 11:44:57 -0500

Hi John,

Friday, May 2, 2008, 11:24:40 PM, you wrote:

>>> I think I found a solution here:
>>> http://www.fixya.com/support/t197960-canon_mf4140_load_correct_paper_cassette

>> Hi John.  I too found that same site earlier and wanted to email it to
>> you but then the computer internet connection at the hotel didn't work
>> the rest of the day.
>> Finally tonight had to call the support people and reset it because
>> apparently "I" was the only person at at the hotel that had lost
>> connection.  (It was stuck in some 'loop'.)

The US uses "letter"-size paper, not "A4".  I've never needed to set
the paper size for documents or printers unless it's been changed from
the default.  Maybe something you have, either documents or printer,
are defaulting to Letter instead of A4, in which case you might need
to see if you can set a new default, or learn to remember to make sure
that new documents are A4.

--
Scott.