[pchelpers] Funny effect with new printer

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 10:07:19 +1200

I just bought a Canon MF4100 series printer and set it up yesterday. It
seems capable of nice printing and is full of tricks. In spite of that,
it has an annoying habit I can't figure out.

For example, after printing the first page it stops. The error light
blinks and a message appears which says "LOAD CORRECT PAPER CASSETTE  :LTR"

The cassette/bay has A4 paper in it, so I try putting paper in the
single sheet feeder. It either ignores that or asks for the paper to be
removed.

After that it just waits, and waits...
There isn't another cassette so far as I can see, but the printer will
wait forever for what it wants. Anybody got some ideas on this?
--
Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>
ICQ number 497166248   Fax/Phone 64 4 5286786