[pchelpers] Re: Font Size

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Deb Pfingsten <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 22:30:11 -0500

Hi Deb,

Friday, June 11, 2004, 6:12:56 PM, you wrote:

DP> While John wrote this: Yes it is. Although the drop down menus only tend to
DP> go as far as 8, you can highlight the size and type a lower number. I just
DP> tried it, and made times roman at 6pt.
DP> --  This did not work for me. I have Windows XP and tried this tip with
DP> Word. However, I did accomplish it by highlighting and then going to
DP> Format|Font| and there I changed the size to 6 and it did work.

I usually use Windows XP and Office XP (one does not imply the other),
and it works for me as John describes.  If I wish to change the size
of existing text, I need to highlight it first.

Using either Format->Font or changing directly on the menu bar, should
both worh. Oh, remember to press Enter after making the change on the
menu bar.  I do that automatically, so it doesn't really occur to me
to tell others to do that.

--Scott.